Beautiful skin is like everything else that we take care of – it takes steps and some calculated effort. Before you can start caring for your skin property, it’s important to establish a regimen for your unique needs! First step- figure out your skin type. With the help of Glo professionals, we can find your skin type for you!
What Is My Skin Type?
- Oily skin is shiny from morning to night. Overactive glands result in oil production all day long; making skin congested and giving the appearance of enlarged pores.
- Combination skin is both oily and dry. Oil is typically found in the t-zone and appears midday to end of day while other areas of the skin, like the cheeks, may have dry, flaky patches.
- Dry skin has little or no oil production, so in turn, is dehydrated and lacks moisture. Symptoms include tightness, flaking and a dull complexion.
- Sensitive skin can be oily or dry. Some may even think that they are sensitive when they are not because it can be a seasonal problem as well. Typically, those with sensitive skin suffer from redness or breakouts.
So, now that you have figured out your skin type, where do you start from there? Well, every skin regime has a way of utilizing products to attain the best result.
- Pre-Cleanse– This washes away make-up, leaving skin ready to benefit from what follows.
- Cleanse– After the pre-cleanse, use a cleanser specific to your skin type to fully remove debris from the day and jump start the nourishing process.
- Tone– Apply the toner after cleansing to hydrate your skin, balance the pH levels, and prepare the skin to lock in your moisturizer and serum.
- Moisturize– Replenish skin’s moisture and seal in hydration with your personalized moisturizer or serum. We love SERUMS because they are smaller molecules than a moisturizer so they penetrate deeper into the dermis and in turn, work faster to deliver results!
- Protect– SPF is so important and so under-rated!! This step saves your skin and saves your wallet by protecting delicate skin from skin sun damage that will require more work later on in life. Don’t forget this! We sell amazing Primers with SPF and foundations with SPF as well.
- Add ons: Exfoliate & Mask– Done 1-3 times a week, exfoliating is so beneficial to your skin. Use a chemical or physical exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells after cleansing, and you can follow with a mask that fits your skin regime!!!
Our experts at Waterside would be happy to help you determine what your unique skin care needs are! Just stop by for a free consultation!